The Salvation Army are trying to pull together our biggest ever team of runners in next year’s Virgin Money London Marathon as we will be celebrating our 150th Anniversary in 2015.
We have a number of charity places that people can apply for, but we are also hoping that we will be joined by some of the runners who receive a place in the ballot.
All funds raised from London Marathon sponsorship will benefit The Salvation Army’s work with the homeless.
Runners who are part of Team Sally will receive:
- A breathable Salvation Army running vest with iron-on letters for their name
- Training plans for beginner, intermediate and advance runners
- A Training Run to help you prepare for the Big Day
- A Team Sally Army Pre-race pasta party in Central London
- Post-race massages
- Support from The Salvation Army Cheering Squad on race day
- A fundraising pack crammed full of ideas
- A dedicated London Marathon Rep to give you fundraising support
- Fantastic team camaraderie
- Regular newsletters
- Running Facebook group
We are also hoping to be able to offer a limited amount of highly discounted accommodation to our runners who live outside the capital.
Please see here for more information and an application form: http://www.salvationarmy.org.uk/uki/London-Marathon